Sunday, October 10, 2010

Moving on up...?

We are in a very weird place at the moment.  Luke has just handed in his last big essay for College apart from the Project.  He has just 2 exams to sit this semester.  This means that we have nearly finished four years at Moore College.  It means that in the not too distant future, we will be unleashed on a (yet to be determined) parish.

This is a double-edged sword.  I have loved being a "College wife".  Moorewomen, and Biblestudy and living in community have been wonderful fulfilling things.  The churches we have been serving have welcomed us as  members of their spiritual family.

But the end of College is bittersweet for me.  I always intended to study myself, but God had other plans for me.   I will miss living in community, and sharing my life with my Biblestudy ladies from week to week.  In some cases we have lived close to each other and shared a Biblestudy for the whole of College.

I will not miss living in a tiny flat though.  I will not miss living more than half an hour from church (which has meant my involvment can only be so much...).  A bigger place to live close to church is starting to look really good. 

But is it worth the moving?  the loss of College community?  What other (positive) things do I have to look forward to in parish life?  I need some encouragement to want to move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment