Monday, September 20, 2010

Giggles...

I am a stickler for appearing dignified in all circumstances.  


I am one of those people who will not allow myself to be pulled out of the audience at dancing classes, won't sing at karaoke (even though I love singing), won't do gym classes all because I am so paranoid about appearing undignified.


Not so when it comes to making Bede laugh!  I still remember the first time he did it!! and for the longest time we had to work really really hard to get him to laugh...we practically had to turn ourselves inside out and turn handsprings at the same time for a tiny chuckle...


Not so anymore!! Now we have a boy who will laugh quite readily when tickled, who will chuckle at his reflection in the mirror or at new sounds.  But the crowning glory, the most fun part of my day is putting him to bed at night...not because I'm tired and can't wait to get a break...(well yes that too)...but because he has in the last few days discovered how to play peek-a-boo!!  He'll pull his blanket up over his face, then down again, when we say "Boo!!"...cue the howls of laughter from the boy!!


What a joy to see him discovering such an easy yet sophisticated game!!


Bede playing Boo with bear!
Bede at bedtime with Merlin...

No comments:

Post a Comment