Saturday, September 11, 2010

teething troubles...

the what to say question...


I could talk about how excited I am about the fact that it is only 68 days until the next Harry movie opens...


I could talk about the 20 or so books I am currently reading...


I could talk about the tedious process of job hunting after College...


I could talk about the highs and lows of being a semi-reluctant stay-at-home Mum...


I could talk about how much I miss the murky world of Fan Fiction and my secret desire to write one...


I could talk about my own inefficiency as at sharing the gospel with my friends and family...


I could talk about these things...and I probably will get around to them all eventually.




What do you want to hear about?

3 comments:

  1. Goodonya Julia! I'm very impressed with you starting a blog while still in the throes of the 'baby stage'... i dream of maybe getting around to it one day...
    I'd be interested (if you're interested) to hear your thoughts on being a Christian and a 'stay-at home' mum (what a negative image - makes you picture a boring, lonely, small-minded, imprisoned, unadventurous drip - i think we need a new descriptor?).
    I found that having kids forced me to re-imagine the Christian life and rethink what it means for me to be a faithful follower of Jesus, now that it no longer means (prepare to be shocked and horrified) lengthy, focussed, daily or twice-daily 'quiet times'. It made me realise how much of our model of Christian discipleship really only works for university students.
    If you have had any thoughts on living as a Christian mum without constantly running the guilt and inadequacy treadmill, I'd love to hear them.
    Or anything else you're thinking about, as well. Unleash those musings on the world!

    Love Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was interested by what you called being a "semi-reluctant sahm"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. there was a thing recently on sola panel blog about praying for busy ppl such as mums

    ReplyDelete